Pages

14 June 2009

Mrs Margaret Thatcher: A 1980s Postcard Of The Prime Minister...

The special effects used in science fiction TV series V were quite terrifying.

I'll stop messing about. This is a postcard of Margaret Thatcher, UK PM, who won three consecutive UK elections in 1979, 1983 and 1987.

I bought the card circa 1988, when Mrs T was in her third term, and stuck it to the loo door.

Unflattering images of Maggie were everywhere.

And such things amused me.

Mind you, in these days of Gordon Brown and co, the political scene in the 1980s increasingly seems like something to cherish...

And I speak as somebody who wore my "The Only Good Tory Is A Lavatory" badge with pride back in that decade of big hair and big shoulders...

1 comment:

Jake said...

MAGGIE, MAGGIE, MAGGIE - OUT, OUT, OUT!!